New to gardening? Here’s some great tips to get you started on the right track!
- Spray your shovel with a good coating of PAM cooking spray. It will make any type of soil slide right off without a mess.
2. Fill a large planter or pot half full with packing peanuts. Place a piece of landscape fabric on top of the peanuts, then layer on your potting soil. The planter will be much lighter, and therefore, much easier to lift and move.
3. Before going to shop for more plants, line the back of your car with a plastic tarp. Then lay a small step ladder on top of the tarp. Your fragile plants will be protected during the drive home, by placing them between the rungs of the ladder.
4. Pruning is essential when caring for roses. Sunshine must be able to shine in to keep the center of the flower open.
5. Keep creatures from munching on your just planted bulbs by staking netting over the bed. In the spring, simply remove the netting, or cut holes to allow the plants to grow through.